Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hello Lover...

May 15th and the Sun is finally shining...

I have been struggling (along with my fellow countrymen and women of the north) for weeks now, as our Spring has jilted us all, like an unwanted lover thrown aside into an abyss of gray skies and frigid air. Impossible to feel motivated or inspired, despite a rich life thick with creative work. When you awaken day after day for endless months to darkness and cold, the only real inspiration is to pass the time in bed and under covers - which is not nearly as much fun alone as it might be with a naked beloved lying next to me. Alas, such as has not been the case, and all these hours wasted in indulgent protest to the climate have resulted in a heavy weight of unfinished work and an increasingly lengthy to-do list.

But at long last, my dearest lover, the Sun, has come scratching on my doors and windows once again, teasing and tempting me with his light, and warm caresses. And like a scorned woman who pines and pines for the one who cruelly cast her aside, I leap at this offering, and into his arm-like rays. I am renewed, refreshed, alive again. I bask in his glory, even knowing that tomorrow he may leave me again...

But I will take him today, and any day he comes. I am betrothed to this solar orb for all of eternity. I am a glutton for his flame, would swallow his flares and let my innards burn just to feel his radiance pour through me.

I, too, am made of fire. Hand in hand with the one I love, it's finally time to shine.


No comments:

Post a Comment