Thursday, February 10, 2011

and even this poem sucks

In the midst of all the busy-ness
as life flourishes
and projects and plans march onward, resolutely,

and people reach out to help
to participate,
offering skills and supplies
free of charge
given with love,

and others call just to check in
making sure I am well
and drinking tea,

and everything in the world is going my way

my mother is nursing a dying husband
my aunt will have to sell her home
my grandfathers are both unwell

and the anniversary of dad's death is just around the corner
an eternal blight on the day of love

and it's been a long time since I've had someone to hug me a bit
or kiss the top of my head
or hold my hand while I sleep

and writing songs is on my to-do list everyday
and never gets done
and even this poem sucks

exhausted
emptied out from giving my all
hurting mostly from always wearing the brave face

I would that I could cry

but it just doesn't seem right



No comments:

Post a Comment