Monday, October 4, 2010

Again and Again and Again (Will You Never Learn?)

Did this really just happen again?
Did I seriously let my tires spin again
for what I thought, this time, was at least a friend?
Fuck me, I guess. It never ends.

Though he hasn't said, I know this dread.
I know what it means when my bed
is empty, but my heart is full...
when he's not there to calm my soul...

God, how they fucking beg
and plead at first - they get in your head,
and all you know is right and true for you
becomes unglued.

Seal 'er up! Lay the bricks!
Entomb myself from all this sick
trickery of mind and heart.
Tried to do it from the start...

... but they all have an angle, don't they?
So clever for such stupid, simple brains.
Convinced me my fortress would be my demise,
so I helped him knock it down to size.

Just when the walls began to fall down 'round me
he chose to flee. Puh-leeze.
I've been here a hundred times before:
got what he wanted, and ran out the door.

Yeah, it hurts, I feel the sting.
Gave him great care. Gave everything
in my heart in his greatest hour of need.
Now he's full up, and I'm left hoping to bleed.

Older and wiser and harder I become.
I don't cry anymore, 'cause I'm not that dumb
to waste my tears on the men of the world.
It's the same old game since I was a girl.

I'm icing the fires in my chest.
Waiting for winter to help freeze my breast.
I will learn from this shit pile of pain once again...
he's just a man, after all... hardly a friend.











No comments:

Post a Comment