Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gratitude (journal entry: November 25, 2010)

Thanksgiving Morning.

Tears of gratitude wash over my eyes. The sun sparkles and glistens on yesterday's new fallen snow. My home is warm, and clean, and peaceful. My heart is full of the friendship and music of last night. Osho's fur smells like Dad (a mixture of wool and pure love). I have the whole day to follow my heart's content ~ be it to hang Christmas lights, start working on ideas for upcoming projects, cook, rest, visit friends... it's a holiday for my self, and I am already relishing in it!

I have so much to be grateful for, it's truly overwhelming. What an amazing time in my life! I see my own energy shining in my friends' eyes. I feel fire radiating out from within. I feel full, ever so full, like I'm about to burst! What a tremendous sensation, what a gift, what an honor and privilege...

I feel it most appropriate to make a list of all that I am grateful for this morning ~

1. My reunion with my true path and spirit
2. My good physical, mental and emotional health
3. My wide community of friends and supporters
4. The unique and meaningful relationships I share with my band mates
5. The abundance of inspiring, creative energy surrounding me
6. The many new and inspiring personal connections I've made this year
7. Reuniting with my Mother
8. Osho and Lilly ~ and The Bird
9. My beautiful, warm, clean home
10. My roommate, and this new journey together
11. My faraway friends who remain ever close to my heart
12. The amazing performance opportunities I enjoyed this year
13. The abundance of new, creative opportunities on the horizon
14. THAT I CAN SING!!!
15. My successful recovery from spinal surgery, and the Universe picking up the tab for it!
16. The children in my life, who bring so much joy
17. My enduring friendship with Jan Kimes, my greatest mentor
18. The growth and energy of Cantara, and its members
19. My StageCoach family, who continue to support me year after year
20. My new dream job given to me this week!
21. That I have been "out of the fog" from my addiction to marijuana for almost a year now
22. To be free of unhealthy relationships
23. To be independent and following my bliss
24. For the courage, strength, grace and dignity with which I have met life's difficult challenges
25. For clarity of thought and vision
26. For true faith, and understanding that if I put in the work, the Universe will support me
27. For Dr. Tom
28. That people feel they can reach out to me in times of crises and confusion
29. For the family members who have ever stood by my side and loved me unconditionally
30. For my Father's spirit, which is ever with me, guiding and assisting me along my path
31. For the many skills and talents I have been blessed with
32. That I awaken most days happy, energized and excited to live another day!
33. For my morning cup of tea
34. For the journals I've been keeping all these years (for them keeping me sane)
35. For the beautiful flowers on my table
36. For my open heart and mind
37. For the story of my life ~ fascinating, unique, and intensely interesting as it is!
38. For my self-confidence and self-assuredness, and the ability to accept new challenges
39. For my FEARLESSNESS!!!

I'm certain there's so much more than that, as I celebrate this past year. I conceived of a realistic plan, made seasonal goals, and took the small steps along the way to ensure my success. I am thrilled with the results. How far I've come in a year ~ how much has changed! Looking ahead now, realizing what I have cultivated and will now demand my tending to is overwhelming:

2 StageCoach schools
Teaching at Heartbeat Studios
Artistic Director of a new club
2 Cantara choirs
Debut cd project
Birthday show extravaganza
Priestess studies

Not even mentioning relationships, or other personal goals and ambitions! It almost seems crazy ~ except that I know I can do it all! I know I can accomplish all of these things now, and I WILL! I am living the life I've always wanted, elevating to the next level, rising to the occasion to meet my success!

"Gratitude" doesn't even begin to cover how all of this makes me feel inside.

Thank you. Thank you all. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment